At Sheffield Park Academy, we pride ourselves on a team of staff who are supportive, friendly and dedicated to providing the very best teaching and learning for our students. Staff across the academy set a culture of high expectations and continuous improvement for students which, in turn, is reflected in the emphasis we place on continuing professional development (CPD) for our staff.
We have made significant, sustained progress at GCSE and are proud to be the most improved secondary school in Sheffield over the last nine years. In August 2017 our Progress 8 score of 0.95 meant that we were ranked first in Sheffield and amongst the top 1% in the country, with results in our Sixth Form also improving. Nevertheless, we are committed to further development in both teaching and learning.
The academy has 1,100 pupils and is situated in purpose-built £30million premises, benefiting from excellent, state-of-the-art facilities and situated within ten minutes of major transport links in the city.
After a visit from Ofsted in October 2017, the academy maintained its ‘Good’ grading in all aspects of the inspection framework.
About the role:
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Teacher of English to teach across Key Stages 3, 4 and potentially 5.
This is an exciting time to join the Academy following our recent Ofsted inspection in October 2017 which was rated as ‘Good’, we are looking to increase capacity within our successful English department in order to continue our journey to ‘Outstanding’.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme including in-house MA.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
- An ‘outstanding’ experienced teacher or a less experienced teacher with the potential to be consistently good-outstanding within a short timeframe.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is passionate about English and who will inspire our students to be so as well.
If you possess these qualities and share the Academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Applications are welcomed from both experienced Teachers and NQT’s. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
About the School:
- Summer 2018 Progress 8 score was 0.54, which means that every single student, on average, achieved over half a grade more than what was expected of them.
- Ofsted rated: ‘Good’. Ofsted, October 2017.
- 11 – 18 Academy with 1121 students (157 in the Sixth Form).
- A United Learning Academy.
- We are an ambitious Academy with a focus on continuous improvement, we are determined to continue on our journey towards ‘outstanding’ in every aspect of our provision, ensuring that each and every student is supported and encouraged to achieve their very best.
Sheffield Park Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sheffield Park Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
For more information
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Lawrence Youel, HR Manager, 0114 239 2661, Lawrence.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online by clicking on the following link.
Closing Date: Monday 17 June 2019 at 9am
Where teaching is better shared