Do you want to work in a school that is ‘performing in the top 3% of all schools nationally (Department for Education, Sep 2018)? Reading Girls’ School is also the 5th best-performing non-selective school across the surrounding counties of Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire and Wiltshire. The school came under new leadership in 2017 and within one year is performing in the top 175 schools in the country with a progress 8 score of 0.71.
Unique features of the school are:
• The pupils - 95% report that behaviour is very good (student survey, June 2018) and 97% feel safe at school (student survey, December 2018)
• Our new school day – by the time they leave year 11, our pupils will have had the equivalent of six years education in five without reducing school holidays
• Deeper applied learning – we have longer blocks of learning time that allows us to visit industry or host industry guest to co-deliver lessons
• Small year 11 class sizes – we reduce year 11 class sizes to 12-15 pupils.
• Integrated KS3 curriculum – paired subjects work together to provide R.E.A.L (Relevant Engaging Active learning) lessons.
We are committed to staff wellbeing and do not waste their time on peripheral activities. We just ask them to focus on teaching & learning. Teachers claw back the equivalent of 3 weeks over an academic year. They save:
• 65 hours - teachers are not required to be Form Tutors as we do not have registration period
• 59 hours - of flexible PPA time allowing staff to go home early or come into school late
• 30 hours - teachers do not delivery PSHE
• 26 hours - teachers have no break / lunch supervision duties
��� 18 hours - we do not run afterschool interventions
We seek to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Teacher of English, who will inspire and provide excellent outcomes for students. Our aim is a very clear one which is to provide the best life-chances possible for every student. To that end, we challenge our students to the very edge of their academic capabilities whilst providing wrap-around support towards those goals. We believe in the importance of stepping out of one’s comfort zone, in order to improve. We are a small diverse and dynamic school which is part of the successful Baylis Court Trust. In October 2016 we moved into our new school building which has provided us with a 21st century learning environment.
If you are a highly ambitious teacher and you feel we are the right school for you we would like to hear from you. Everyday at is an open day at RGS. WE do not require visitors to book appointments. Just turn up unannounced to see us in action. If you have any queries or would like to talk about the role, you can always contact the Principal, Jon Gargan, direct at email@example.com
The closing date of noon on Friday 26th April 2019 .
Interview dates will follow shortlisting.
Reading Girls’ School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for all posts.