Teacher of English
Required for January, April of September 2019
- Have a desire to teach English to A Level (experienced or otherwise)?
- Have a passion for teaching and wish to inspire young people to love learning?
- Want to join a forward thinking, highly supportive and progressive English Department?
- Wish to be part of a Learning Trust that recognises talent and invests in potential through excellent professional development and progression opportunities irrespective of career stage?
If so, Maltby Academy is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
The Maltby Learning Trust, consisting of primary and secondary Academies is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn, striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and talented teacher to contribute to the English Department’s improvement journey. A passion for English and a strong commitment to developing young people to achieve their potential is essential. We would also welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers who meet the ‘Essential’ criteria set out in the Person Specification.
Our successful candidate will be:
- An exceptional classroom practitioner with high expectations
- Able to inspire and enthuse students
- Committed to raising standards for all
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
In return we will offer:
- New, purpose-built learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development.
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
How do I apply?
For further information please contact Rachael Barratt, PA to Principal, on email@example.com
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or by calling the number below.
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Chris Eccles, Principal and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address below.
Please note that applications must be submitted on the MLT Application Form.
Braithwell Road, Maltby, Rotherham, S66 8AB.
01709 812 864
Closing Date: Monday 15th October at 9am
Interviews: Friday 19th October 2018