We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Teacher of English to teach across Key Stages 3, 4 and potentially 5.
This is an exciting time to join the Academy following our recent Ofsted inspection in October 2017 which was rated as ‘Good’, we are looking to increase capacity within our successful English department in order to continue our journey to ‘Outstanding’.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme including in-house MA.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
- An ‘outstanding’ experienced teacher or a less experienced teacher with the potential to be consistently outstanding within a short timeframe.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is passionate about English and who will inspire our students to be so as well.
If you possess these qualities and share the Academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Applications are welcomed from both experienced Teachers and NQT’s. We can consider applications from staff who are available to start at either Easter or September 2019. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
About the School:
- Summer 2018 Progress 8 score was 0.54, which means that every single student, on average, achieved over half a grade more than what was expected of them.
- Ofsted rated: ‘Good’. Ofsted, October 2017.
- 11 – 18 Academy with 1121 students (157 in the Sixth Form).
- A United Learning Academy.
- We are an ambitious Academy with a focus on continuous improvement, we are determined to continue on our journey towards ‘outstanding’ in every aspect of our provision, ensuring that each and every student is supported and encouraged to achieve their very best.
Sheffield Park Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
Sheffield Park Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Candidates are encouraged to arrange a visit prior to applying contact Rachel Spittlehouse, Business Support Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online by clicking on the following link https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1474940?cid=1567&rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Closing Date: Tuesday 15 January 2019 (applications must be received no later than 10am)
Interviews: Thursday 24 January 2019
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.