Teacher of English
Permanent role to start January 2018
Salary: Main Scale Teacher – NQT’s welcome to apply for this position
Believe, Achieve, Succeed
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be part of an OFSTED ‘Good’ academy on its way to becoming world-class? We want you to join our exciting journey - your future starts here.
Set within a £28 million state-of-the-art facility, Parkwood Academy provides a ‘vibrant climate for learning and a positive ethos’, where students thrive and has received national recognition for being in the top 5% of schools for outstanding pupil progress as well as recently being named ‘The Best School in Sheffield’ (The Star, 2016).
We want every child to achieve and unlock their full potential and we have worked hard to build a culture of aspiration and ambition. As part of our exciting journey towards achieving world-class status, we are seeking to appoint an inspirational teacher of KS3 and KS4 English to join our dedicated, supportive and enthusiastic English team.
The successful candidate will be an experienced classroom teacher, with good understanding of the changes to English GCSE qualifications, in particular the requirements of the new AQA GCSE specification for English Language and Literature.
We are seeking a Teacher of English who:
- Has a passion for English teaching, and a commitment to raising the progress and attainment of students of all abilities through outstanding classroom practice
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner with a passion for improving their own practice;
- Consistently teaches high quality lessons which results in excellent outcomes for students;
- Is committed to the use of new technologies to improve their own teaching and learning;
- Will work with the Subject Leaders in English to help develop appropriate curriculum content for each level of learning which is challenging, engaging and differentiated to meet the needs of all students;
- Will not be satisfied until all students are making good/outstanding progress;
- Will actively support the vision, and core values of the Academy;
- Will bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards at Parkwood Academy.
We welcome applications from both experienced and Newly Qualified Teachers for this role. For more information and to request an application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like any further information or a tour of the academy please email using the above address.
Closing date: Friday 15th December 2017 at 9am
Interviews to take place: W/c Monday 18th December 2017
The academy and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Longley Avenue West
Tel: 0114 231 0221