Post: Teacher of English
Starting date: Easter 2018 (or sooner)
Salary: MPS/UPS £22,917 - £38,633
Location: Sandhill View Academy
Contract type: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
We are an 11-16 school with high levels of deprivation (50% FSM) in an Ofsted category. Still reading? Well here’s the good news; our pupils are a delight to be with, we have healthy student numbers, our facilities are state-of-the-art, we have powerful support as part of Southmoor Academy Trust, our results are rising significantly, we have a whole new senior leadership team and more than half of our teachers are talented new staff… in short, we are no longer the school which appears in Ofsted and school league tables and we are confident of delivering on our enormous potential in the next two years. If you join us you can expect a full share in our success.
Our Head of School Mr Richard Carr is currently implementing a wide-ranging improvement plan (see Message from Head Teacher Link) and we are seeking applications from people whose own high personal expectations are reflected in what they expect of others. We want people who want to be where their work really matters and who have the confidence to know that they will make a difference.
You will be:
• a well-qualified practitioner with a passion for English
• a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• a self-motivated and enthusiastic team-player
• someone with a real drive to secure successful pupil outcomes
• The chance to work within a supportive and growing English Department at Sandhill View.
• The possibility of A-level teaching at Southmoor Academy.
• An opportunity to make a life-transforming difference, for yourself and those around you.
• The chance for rapid career development within a large and growing organisation.
• A delightful and very deserving student community.
Potential applicants are welcome to visit the school and meet with our Head of School. Please contact us on 0191 5949992 for details.
Applications close at 9.00am on Monday 29th January 2018. Applications should be returned to Samantha Ferry, HR Manager: Ferry.S@sandhillview.com
Please see our website for further details http://sandhillview.com/
Sandhill View Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.