Teacher of English
Starting date: January, April or September 2019
Salary: MPR/UPR - £23,720 - £39,406
Are you a highly committed teacher who genuinely wants to make a difference to the lives of young people? As an experienced teacher, someone in the early stages of their career, or an ITT student, would you like to join a Multi Academy Trust that wants you to be happy and successful, and implements innovative strategies to support this? If so, read on!
We are a highly successful Multi Academy Trust currently comprising of two secondary schools: Southmoor Academy; a very successful 11-18 academy with a sixth form in the top 20% nationally, and Sandhill View Academy; a rapidly improving 11-16 academy.
In November 2017, Ofsted said, “Southmoor Academy is a good and improving school where pupils are achieving well. The headteacher provides strong and effective leadership… effectively assisted by leaders at all levels. Good teaching, learning and assessment enable all groups of pupils to progress well.”
In March 2018, Ofsted said of Sandhill View Academy, “Leaders have taken firm action to improve the quality of subject leadership across the school, with the result that there is now a strong team with clarity about the areas that they need to improve further. Teachers, subject leaders and staff are enthusiastic and positive about the school’s current position and its ability to improve further.”
Both Schools saw very significant improvements. 2018 GCSE results have risen 8% for both L5+ E&M and L4+ E&M to 46% and 66% respectively. Attainment 8 has risen 2.8 points to 50.1 and both maths and English exceed national attainment averages despite an FSM level of 37%. Early projections of Progress 8 show it to be around +0.2. We can and will achieve even more!
2018 A level results are the highest in the area at 78% A*-C and early Value Added projections at +0.22 will place the school in at least the top 20% nationally once again.
We are looking for an exceptional Teacher of English. The best people can teach across the Multi Academy Trust and you will certainly have the opportunity to teach in BOTH schools to contribute to the provision of an effective and consistent English curriculum across the Trust. You must have the ability therefore to develop highly effective working relationships within schools in different contexts. However, we will work with you in order to match your aspirations and preferences to the school you feel most comfortable in.
You will be:
· a well-qualified practitioner with a passion for the subject
· a team-player who will take full advantage of working with an extended team across the MAT
· able to teach English with drive and enthusiasm to secure outstanding pupil outcomes
· The opportunity to work with other highly successful teachers in English (all teaching in English is at least good and mostly outstanding)
· A-level teaching within your specialism if you want development in this area
· Support to grow within an organisation that wants you to be happy and successful, and implements really innovative strategies to support this
· Ambitious pupils taught in an environment where outstanding academic progression is the highest priority; nearly half of all KS4 pupils at Southmoor Academy (and an increasing number of pupils from Sandhill View Academy) go on to study ‘A’ levels within the Trust, with over one third of all sixth formers who took up university courses in September 2018 now attending a Russell Group institution.
· Please visit Southmoor Way of Working http://www.sandhillview.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/The-Southmoor-Academy-Trust-Way-of-Working-Doc-1.pdf for further information on what makes us different.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00 am on Monday 15th October 2018. Applications should be returned to Samantha Ferry, HR Manager: Ferry.S@sandhillview.com
Prospective applicants are warmly invited to have an informal chat about the role and/or arrange a visit to our schools prior to application/interview. Please contact Samantha Ferry on the email address above.
Please visit our websites for further details: www.southmoorschool.co.uk and www.sandhillview.com.
Southmoor Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.