JFS SCHOOL, THE MALL, KENTON, HARROW, HA3 9TE
Executive Headteacher: Deborah Lipkin
Headteacher: Simon Appleman
Roll: 2,000 (incl. 600 in Sixth Form)
Tel: 020 8206 3100
Fax: 020 8206 3103
Teacher of English(with Drama )
MPS/UPS (London Weighting)
Required January 2017
We are looking to appoint a teacher of English to join our successful department from January 2018.
Key responsibilities will include:
· implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and support a designated curriculum area or areas, as appropriate;
· monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/Form Tutor;
· facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential;
· contribute to raising standards of student attainment;
· share and support the School's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth;
JFS is a co-educational inclusive, modern, orthodox Jewish school that strives to produce well-educated, faithful and proud Jews who will be responsible and contributing members of society. JFS is a truly wonderful school. This is clear from our stunning annual public examination results which see us consistently placed in the top five schools in the country outside the independent sector.
Our modern campus is on a 26-acre greenfield site with a welcoming inclusive and warm, caring family environment. JFS was re-accredited with Investors in People status and achieved the Gold Award.
Applications from teachers of faith or non-faith backgrounds are most welcome.
We welcome applications from NQT’s, and we have a highly successful induction and training programme.
For an application pack, please visit our website (www.jfs.brent.sch.uk) or contact the School.
Closing date for applications: noon on Friday 13 October 2017.
Interviews will take place on w/c 16 October 2017.
Please note that CVs alone will not be accepted.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks, including satisfactory Enhanced Level DBS clearance.