TEACHER OF ENGLISH (with the potential for some Humanities teaching)
Fixed Term post to start a.s.a.p. until 19.7.19
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Qualified Teacher to join our successful English Department on a fixed term contract to start as soon as possible until 19th July 2019. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented, dynamic and ambitious NQT or experienced professional.
The successful applicant must:
· be passionate and committed to improving teaching and learning.
· have excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
· be receptive to change and have the ability to work under pressure.
· be able to work well as part of a welcoming, hard-working and committed team.
· maximise the potential of students of all abilities.
· have a passion for the subject and the ability to share this with young people.
· experience of teaching A Level English Language would be desirable.
You will find us to the north of the historic city of York and we have an excellent learning environment and superb facilities.
The Joseph Rowntree School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from our website www.josephrowntree.co.uk. Please download the Applicant’s Guidance document – ‘How to Apply’.
Completed application forms should be addressed to Mrs Tracy Bussey, Headteacher’s PA at the school (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date: Wednesday 19th September 2018, at 12 midnight