Teacher of Food and Nutrition - 0.7FTE
Fixed term contract to cover maternity leave
Salary: MPS + Health Cash Plan and Benefits Package
Applications are invited from high quality candidates to join an exciting and committed team at Colston’s Girls’ School.
Colston’s Girls’ School (CGS) is part of Venturers Trust, a multi-academy Trust formed in 2017 which seeks to provide outstanding education for its pupils.
We are seeking to appoint a creative and innovative practitioner who is not only passionate about their subject but who is keen to develop professionally in the future as well as wanting to make a real difference to children’s lives.
You need to be ready and able to take on a role teaching our children and working in harmony with staff, families and other key stakeholders.
There may be the opportunity to work across the Trust in due course.
In CGS schools all pupils will achieve to the best of their individual ability. As members of ‘Green Schools’ with a focus on languages, pupils will develop an understanding of their position in the wider world in preparation for life as global citizens.
Candidates for this post should be:
• Passionate about how children learn best with a genuine belief that all children can succeed.
• Able to demonstrate their resilience to cope with the daily challenges.
• Flexible, with a good sense of humour.
• An innovative practitioner who values and can support positive play and work as a team to resolve conflict.
• A confident professional, keen to share their knowledge and understanding with others.
In addition the successful candidate will have a deep pedagogical knowledge of teaching and learning to help children realise their academic potential as well as an interest in the wider community that the school serves.
In return we can offer you:
• A genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed
• Every opportunity to further your professional development and career.
• Well‐resourced classrooms, necessary IT equipment and structured administrative support.
• An exciting and vibrant environment, which includes a fabulous outdoor space, in which to work.
• A fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best.
Closing date: Noon, 19th February 2018
Interview date: 27th February 2018
Start date: 8th May 2018
Colston’s Girls’ School is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.