We would like to recruit a teacher of French and Spanish to join our successful department. The position is a maternity cover contract from 25th February 2019 - 31st August 2019. The position is part-time, 4 days a week/0.8 FTE.
About the Department:
The MFL department is a really motivated, well-led team. As one of the larger departments in the School with impressive uptake year on year, we are looking for someone who would thrive in a creative and enthusiastic environment. As we continue to adjust to curriculum changes across all key stages, team working and collaboration will be essential.
· As a minimum, candidates should offer both French and Spanish at Key Stages 3 and 4 and one of the two at KS5. The ideal candidate will be able to teach French and Spanish at KS3, 4 and 5.
· Involvement with the extra-curricular activities.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
· Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is a very successful, oversubscribed Church of England girls’ school with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith. Successively rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted, the School is one of the best performing non-selective state schools nationally. The School is a dynamic and inspiring place to work and invests energetically in the growth and CPD of its staff.
· The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park and Baker Street are both a two-minute walk away).
· We are the Lead School in the St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance and have 21 SLEs on the teaching staff.
· There are around 100 members of teaching staff and the School nurtures and develops staff in-house. 74% of teaching staff have been internally promoted since starting at the School.
• Qualified to degree level
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Successful experience of teaching French and Spanish at secondary level
• Evidence of at least good teaching leading to high attainment and progress
• Evidence of relevant subject-based CPD
• Understanding of the use of assessment to inform planning and improve student performance
• Ability to set consistently high expectations for all students through class work, homework and enrichment
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Commitment to enrichment and extra-curricular provision, in the development of students
• Ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students
• Ability to organise, plan and prioritise effectively
• Enthusiasm, drive and love of learning
• Flexibility, adaptability and creativity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete an application form. Application forms are available to download from the School’s website:
As part of the form you will need to complete a supporting statement (no more than 2 sides of A4), in order to demonstrate your suitability for the post.
Please return your completed application form via e-mail
Closing date: by 9am on Monday 17th December 2018
Interviews: Thursday, 17th January 2019
Start date: 25th February 2019
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).