Do you believe that all children, no matter their background, needs or aptitudes are entitled to learn the best that has been thought and said?
We are seeking to appoint an excellent classroom practitioner in French with a passion for ensuring that all children have access to a high-quality curriculum. The successful candidate will be required to teach across the full age and ability range of the school.
We welcome applications from recently qualified and experienced teachers as well as those aspiring to lead and contribute to the wider curriculum area.
Noel-Baker Academy is a rapidly improving school centred around a dedicated team of people who are working together to achieve our mission of delivering an unashamedly academic and knowledge-rich education to our students.
Everything we do at NBA is underpinned by our passionate belief that outstanding schooling is the right of every child, and a determination that such a vision is achievable. We believe in and aspire to provide an inclusive education for all. That is high expectations of and for all pupils, an insistence on excellent behaviour, equal access to an academically rigorous curriculum taught by highly skilled subject specialists and a sharp focus on high-value enrichment opportunities that will enable all students to excel. We will never accept that family background, socio-economic circumstances or prior attainment will inevitably limit young people’s potential and so the profile of our intake will always be a reason for our provision, and never an excuse for our outcomes.
Our students are entitled to the very best breadth and depth of provision and we are unapologetically ambitious for every student, no matter what their background, prior attainment or needs.
In return, you will join a school where:
- There are clear classroom routines, so time is not wasted
- There is a focus on feedback, not punitive marking
- There is a focus on student learning, not data input
- There is a centralised support team who, along with senior leaders, manage student conduct
- Curriculum areas and staff plan and work together
- Teachers are free to teach knowledge – “the best that has been thought and said”
- Teachers are encouraged to partake in weekly research discussions and the development of whole-school strategy
- Staff are valued as professionals and experts in their field
- Weekly CPD time is built into the school day to allow all staff to partake in educational research, subject knowledge development and deliberate practice of pedagogical approaches.
Closing date: Tuesday, 31st March 2020
Noel Baker Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.