Norlington School and 6th Form is a small 11-16 boy’s school with a mixed 6th form school. Over the past 7 years the school has transformed itself into one of the highest performing schools in the country and has been recognised by the Minister for State Schools on three separate occasions for student achievement. Norlington was judged to be a 'good school' by Ofsted where;
• 'Students make excellent progress in Mathematics and Science.'
• 'Students behave well in lessons and around the school. They enjoy coming to school.'
• '..Leaders have a relentless drive for continuous improvement'
The school has an exceptional CPD programme, including dedicated curriculum development time, and is committed to developing all staff as it continues its journey to becoming ‘Outstanding’ and a world class school. Every week students finish Fridays at 1:30pm with one week dedicated to staff development and one given over to staff.
What we offer:
· Our vision is to develop outstanding leaders across the school
· All new staff, regardless of scale, receive an extensive induction progamme on arrival at Norlington
· In addition, the school has a range of internal packages to promote the on-going support of staff. Where there is a specific need individual support programmes will be put in place.
· The school is closed during the Autumn term break for two weeks for Teaching staff and Support staff working term-time only.
· Corporate gym membership
· The best corporate rates at over 2,500 UK gyms and health clubs
· Childcare and Cycle to Work Vouchers
· Eye Test
· Up to 40% discount on trips to the cinema.
The successful candidate will contribute to the continued development of the well-led Modern Foreign Languages Department, of 2 experienced members of staff, which is focused on improving Teaching and Learning and outcomes for students at all levels. There is also a designated member of staff at the school who looks after the NQT's. The department performance at GCSE over the last five years has been consistently a grade above expected. This is an exciting time for the department as the numbers of students studying French increases. The department is committed to giving students enrichment opportunities and run a variety of visits.
We require from September 2018
• A committed and dynamic teacher of French with a 'can do' attitude.
• Someone who demonstrates high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the students can achieve.
• An innovative practitioner who is creative in their delivery of the KS 3 & 4 curriculum.
• Someone who will play an active role in the continued development of high quality teaching and learning in languages, reflecting the demands of the new GCSE course
• An ambitious teacher looking for career progress in the future.
Posts will be subject to a Prohibition check for all roles involved with the management of pupils. Norlington School and 6th Form is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure. A recruitment pack and application form is available on the TES jobs website, school’s website: www.norlington.net , Our school/Vacancies link. Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 19th February 2018