Teacher of French
St Mary’s Calne offers an academically enriching working environment within the beautiful Wiltshire countryside, with easy transport links to Bristol, Bath and London.
St Mary’s Calne is a member of the Girls’ Schools Association (GSA) and the Headmasters’ and Headmistress’ Conference (HMC); it is a leader in the field of girls’ independent boarding education. It has around 365 girls aged 11-18, including 120+ girls in the Sixth Form. As well as innovative teaching, learning and scholarship, St Mary’s Calne offers outstanding pastoral care and a vibrant, warm community.
St Mary’s Calne believes in excellence in all respects. As a school community, we thrive amidst a culture of strong expectations and the education which we provide nurtures and develops the concept of high performance. The principal aim is to develop well-rounded pupils who are equipped to excel as adults.
Extra-curricular opportunities beyond the classroom are a vital and integral part of life for girls at St Mary’s Calne. These opportunities are woven into the timetable during the day, in the evenings and at weekends. We believe that both boarders and day girls benefit from all aspects of the strong boarding ethos of the school.
St Mary’s Calne is looking for a talented and enthusiastic teacher, with outstanding inter-personal skills, to teach French throughout the school from beginner to A Level. An additional responsibility within the MFL Department may be available for the right candidate.
The MFL Department is led by the Head of Modern Foreign Languages and offers French, Spanish, German, Mandarin and Italian. Private tuition is also offered in a number of additional languages. Girls are assisted by a number of international teachers delivering conversation lessons and it is common to hear a variety of languages being spoken in areas around the school outside lessons.
All girls in the Fourth and Fifth Forms study at least one language with many opting for two and language uptake in the Sixth Form is good.
What we want from you
• University Graduate in French
• Qualified teacher with an ability to teach French from beginner to A Level
• Excellent communication skills
• Motivation to work with young people
• Positive attitude and approach to change and development
• Willingness to participate in and expectation of contribution to the wider life of a boarding school and extra-curricular life
• The ability to tutor girls and be pastorally aware of their needs
What we offer
• Excellent and tailored CPD within the department and across the school
• Highly motivated girls with lessons taught in small groups
• Competitive salaries and a contributory pension scheme
• Discounted membership of the St Mary’s Calne Sports Centre
• Fee remission for daughters educated at St Mary’s Calne and for sons and daughters educated at St Margaret’s Preparatory School
• Complimentary meals in the Dining Hall during term time
• Free on-site parking
How to Apply
For an Application Form please visit Vacancies on our website www.stmaryscalne.org
Telephone 01249 857200 (Karen Turner) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday, Monday 30th September 2019