With an established GCSE Mathematics re-sit programme and the recent introduction of Core Mathematics to a broader cohort, this is a vibrant and developing Department. The College is looking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic subject specialist to join the team in this expanding curriculum area.
We are seeking a teaching professional who is able to engage students re-sitting their Maths GCSE with a range of diverse and well-planned lessons that will both challenge and support the learner to achieve their goal.
Core Maths provides the successful candidate opportunity to an innovative and creative mathematics practitioner supporting selected students from across the curricular in achieving an additional maths qualification to enhance their progression.
With a collective focus on ensuring that every student achieves their personal best, the College aims to create a culture and ethos which promotes initiative, curiosity, confidence and independence in all our learners and we are seeking to appoint staff who will actively support this.
If this is the sort of environment you thrive in and you have the skills and motivation to guide and support students to both fulfil and possibly exceed their personal goals, then we would like to hear from you for the post of Teacher of GCSE and Core Mathematics.
From August 2019 we are looking for:
• Someone with exciting ideas to build on current good practice and results
• An individual that has the ability to engage students and inspire an enthusiasm for GCSE Mathematics through excellent subject knowledge as well as nurture those who may be less confident in their ability.
• A strong classroom practitioner who is able to inspire the high performing students in the achievement of an advanced level maths qualification
• Someone who has the understanding and experience of implementing successful intervention programmes
• An individual with the desire to share good practice and make a real contribution to the development of the department and the progress of our students
We can offer you:
• A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
• Salary ranging from £23,396 - £38,748 (SFCA Teaching Pay Scale)
• Structured CPD with opportunities for regular inset workshops and cross college sharing of resources and techniques
• Optional well-being days and activities
• NQT first year guidance with timetable remission and senior management led support
This post represents an excellent opportunity for either, an NQT looking for the first step in their career teaching in a high performing Sixth Form College, or an experienced and inspirational classroom practitioner aiming to develop their expertise.
The college has an established programme of professional development support and actively encourages individuals with the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in their chosen profession.
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact: The Personnel Department, Bolton Sixth Form College, Deane Road, Bolton BL3 5BU.
The closing date for applications: Sunday 24th March 2019
Interviews to be held: Friday 29th March 2019
All appointments at the College are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.