CAYMAN PREP & HIGH SCHOOL
Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 970 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced teachers to join our high-performing teaching team in August 2018 for the following position:
The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom teacher with a Bachelor’s degree in Geography and a PGCE/ Diploma in Education or a Bachelor of Education majoring in Geography. A minimum of three years current experience teaching Geography at KS3, IGCSE and A-level.
In addition to the requirements listed above, the successful candidate must have:
- An internationally recognized teaching qualification/registration
He/she will be:
- An excellent classroom practitioner with creative and innovative ideas, committed to achieving high academic standards and passionate about creating a stimulating and student-centered learning environment
- Computer literate, especially using Microsoft Office products. Experience with SIMS is an advantage
- Willing to be involved in a wide range of school-related activities
- Expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school
Prior experience teaching in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
The salary range for the position listed above is CI$39,000- CI$49,000 per annum and will be commensurate with experience. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Phillip Burgess, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Thursday, March 22nd, 2018