TEACHER OF GEOGRAPHY TMS/UPS
Required for January 2020
Closing Date: Friday 18th October, 9am
Interviews will take place on Monday 28th October
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding classroom practitioner who is able to motivate and inspire students through their teaching of Geography, in a forward thinking Humanities Faculty. The ability to teach a range of humanities subjects would be advantageous. The successful candidate will have energy and enthusiasm in equal measure in order to raise the profile of humanities subjects across the curriculum. This role is suitable for newly qualified staff and more experienced practitioners. This role also offers the opportunity to deliver part of the Poltair School citizenship programme alongside the rest of the faculty.
We are looking to appoint a Geography Teacher who will:
• Have consistently high expectations of all students at all times
• Be able to enthuse and motivate all students
• Ensure the consistent delivery of good achievement and progress for all pupils
• Be an excellent team player with a strong commitment to professional development and raising standards
• Be able to meet the demands of the new 9-1 curriculum and AQA specification
• Provide outstanding learning experiences for students in Years 7-11
If you believe you will be able to make a positive impact on the outstanding progress of the Humanities Faculty then we want to hear from you.
Poltair School is a rapidly improving 11-16 school in the heart of St. Austell in Cornwall. It is a welcoming, vibrant and fulfilling place to work. All teachers are instrumental in realising the school’s commitment to ‘Believe and Achieve’. We pride ourselves on our strong values, supporting and encouraging students to embrace their learning.
Poltair School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; therefore, all posts will be subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.