Affordable shared accommodation available from August 2019
At Northolt High School, our vision, mission and values underpin everything that we do. We enable our students to develop strength of character, to be articulate and confident and to secure the best academic outcomes possible. Our school vision is "committed to excellence". This summarises our core aim of continuous improvement. Our mission statement describes how we work to achieve this core aim - through "seizing opportunity, instilling ambition, realising potential". Join us and you will be welcomed by a hard-working, dedicated staff team who are united in their focus on student achievement.
We’re at an exciting time in our development of our innovative school improvement partnership with Sycol. Through this, all members of staff in the school are part of a high quality leadership development programme. Termly innovation projects involve every member of staff, helping us to quickly and effectively share ideas whilst forging strong partnerships across the staff team. These projects ensure that systematic school improvement is embedded in everything we do.
We are a small school with ambition to grow in size in the coming years, with a new building project on the horizon. We maintain a broad and balanced curriculum offer for all students. Geography is a popular subject at Northolt High School, with strong uptake at Key Stage 4. It forms part of our Humanities Department and you will be well supported by a postholder in charge of Geography as well as by the Subject Leader for our Humanities Faculty. Students enjoy Geography at Northolt High and we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to continue to promote high standards and an exciting curriculum offer.
The vacancy in our Geography Department from September is due to the relocation of a long-serving member of staff. We will also be advertising pastoral TLR vacancies before Easter, including the position of Director of Sixth Form. If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact Lauren Weeks, PA to the Headteacher, on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and m ake reference to this in your application form. If you would like to come for a tour of the school and to meet with our Humanities Team before applying, please get in touch with Lauren who will make arrangements for this.
We will be the right school for you if you are committed to:
- Ensure outstanding progress and attainment in KS3 and KS4 Geography with the potential to expand to A Level in the coming years;
- Play a full part in termly innovation projects to contribute to the development of schoolwide continuous improvement;
- Continue to promote the profile of the Humanities team through contributions to the wider life of the school.
We can offer you:
- Great support and training as you develop your career;
- The opportunity to innovate and bring in new ideas to contribute towards improving our school;
- A caring and supportive professional environment, with an early finish every Friday to promote a good work / life balance;
- A thoughtful and well-structured school calendar with careful attention paid to balancing teacher workload;
- The potential for a TLR (see earlier details in this advertisement);
- The opportunity to rent a home at affordable prices for up to two years (we areconverting an old Caretaker’s House adjacent to the site to shared accommodation for teaching staff).
A Job Description & Person Specification plus an application form can be found on our website: www.northolthigh.org.uk Please email your app lication to the Headteacher’s PA at: email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Tuesday 23 April 2019
Interviews to be held on Friday 26 April 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment processes are always robustly followed. Successful candidates’ appointment will be subject to safer recruitment checks and satisfactory completion of an enhanced DBS check. Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service/about