The John Roan School is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
Joining the Geography Department at The John Roan School you will be working to inspire students with a love of the subject that comes from your passion for Geography. Our staff are dedicated to achievement and progression for every single student in every single class.
We have an open-door approach within the team and insist on constant communication and collaboration because we know that this is the best way to have an outstanding team and an outstanding department.
The department – and the school – is a very supportive umbrella for coaching and mentoring and there are many opportunities for professional development in school and beyond with access to a wealth of opportunities through United Learning. This year we have launched our Key Stage 5 course and will begin teaching the A Level in September 2021.
In particular, candidates should:
• Show the ability to be a/or become an excellent classroom practitioner.
• Have high expectations of students in terms of learning, achievement, and behaviour.
• Have enthusiasm for developing innovative and creative approaches to learning, teaching, and student participation.
• Have a sound subject knowledge which they can utilise to challenge all pupils.
• Have a clear understanding of the latest curriculum and pedagogical developments in Science.
• Have an ability to engage and motivate pupils.
• Have a commitment to support our enrichment programme by facilitating co-curricular clubs.
In return we are offering a highly attractive salary, along with the benefits of being part of United Learning, opportunities to share good practice and collaborate with colleagues across every phase of education.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and the post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, and positively support equality of opportunity and equity of treatment to colleagues and students in accordance with the United Learning Equal Opportunities Policy and Code of Conduct.
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.
Interviews will take place 26/27th May
The John Roan School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years