Teacher of Geography from January or Easter 2019
Dates: Applications will be considered upon receipt and suitable candidates invited in for interview. Additional responsibility will be considered for exceptional candidates
Salary: Main pay scale/Upper pay scale (Outer London rates) Location: Welling, Kent (25 minutes from Central London)
Contract type: Full Time Contract term: Permanent
Are you a newly qualified or experienced Teacher of Geography who is passionate and committed to raising student achievement and securing high standards? Are you keen to join a growing, dynamic and supportive faculty?
Welling school is a vibrant 11-19, mixed, Specialist Visual Arts College. The school was rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in February 2015 and is on its journey to achieving outstanding. We are committed to ensuring that students have high aspirations and are able to achieve their full potential.
We are looking to appoint an innovative and enthusiastic Teacher of Geography with exceptional subject knowledge to join our faculty. The appointed candidate will be a dynamic, hardworking teacher and a strong team player. He or she will also be expected to make a full contribution to the life of this aspiring school.
The faculty incorporates Geography and Social Sciences and we have driven up standards of achievement, with results improving year-on-year. We wish to appoint someone who will push the standards further to achieve outstanding results in Geography.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be passionate about their subject with the potential and desire to continue to improve;
- have a passion for teaching and learning and be committed to raising standards across all Key Stages;
- have excellent subject knowledge and depth of understanding;
- be able to inspire, enthuse and motivate students to ensure that they achieve their full potential;
- be an effective and committed team player with a clear vision for development and sustained improvement in Geography
- be committed to Welling School’s mission of achieving high standards and fulfilling the expectations of all students of all abilities
In return, we can offer you:
- the opportunity to further develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to ensure students achieve their full potential
- excellent CPD opportunities to further develop your skills as a classroom practitioner and to develop leadership skills as you progress;
- excellent networking opportunities including involvement in the Trust, PiXL and school partnerships;
- the use of our innovative ‘iBrary’ as an additional learning environment
For the Job Description and Person Specification, please download them below or contact Ms N Whitelock, HR Manager (email@example.com). Visits to the school are encouraged. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and past employment checks. In accordance with the Immigration Act 2016, the ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.