Graham School is an 11-16 school situated in Scarborough, which has over 1000 students. Scarborough is easily accessible and whilst many of our current staff are local, many also travel from York, Hull, Driffield and the surrounding areas. Over the last year, the school has worked proactively with the Local Authority and the Hope Learning Trust York to continue to drive improvement. The school has also just had a positive monitoring visit from Ofsted.
Academic resilience, high expectations and a culture of teaching and learning are now very much part of Graham School and the recruitment and retention of our staff is critical to delivering an outstanding school to our coastal communities and families.
In 2019 we will officially join the Hope Learning Trust family of schools along with George Pindar School. We continue to work collaboratively together sharing best practice, developing our staff, developing advancements on teaching and learning and ensuring strong outcomes for our students.
‘Staff are positive about improvements in the school and the leadership’ Ofsted 2017
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
- An opportunity to join a solid Humanities team which has seen positive uplifts in 2018.
- Opportunity to work with our languages department on the successful ‘Erasmus’ project and lead on field trips within the department.
- Access to tailored CPD through Hope Learning Trust and their team of specialists. This includes courses such as NQT Leadership and Moving to Mastery teaching.
- Opportunities to access in your early stages NPQML, NPQSL, Ambition School Leadership and SLE involvement.
- Experienced colleagues and those in early career stages are welcome to apply, what is important is the ability to enthuse children with your passion for History and humanities. If you can offer another Humanities subject this would be a distinct advantage.
- Educate the team in outstanding teaching practices and have a real passion for this subject.
We advise you to come in and speak with the Headteacher to discuss the above and shape the next stage of your career.
The date of commencement for this post will be Easter 2019 (or earlier if possible) and the closing date for all applications is Tuesday 20 November 2018.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
For an informal conversation about the role and the journey we are on as a school, to arrange a visit or for an application pack please contact James Annetts (Coastal Schools Recruitment Lead) at:
T: 01609 534939 / 07966261249
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.