A fantastic and well-run school located in between Derby and Mansfield, just north of Nottingham are looking for a qualified Geography Teacher who will also be required to teach some Religious Education. The school is a short drive from the M1 and they are looking to appoint the successful candidate for an initial period of September to December 2018, with a possibility for the role to be extended.
About the Role:
· Key stage 3 and 4.
· You will be required to teach GCSE Geography and Religious Education.
· Work will run from 5th September. You will be covering from an initial period of 3 months until the Christmas break, however, if it is a good fit for you and the School this has the potential to be extended.
· This is a full time role. The School expect the successful candidate to cover all aspects of the job, including staff meetings and parent’s evenings.
· The role will also require lesson planning and marking.
· Competitive daily rate depending on experience.
About the School:
· The school is a very small one despite being a Secondary with Sixth form. It is located in a desirable area with pleasant pupils.
· School has improved in recent years and is gaining momentum towards being a good school..
· Well-established reputation within the community.
· School currently requires improvement but can improve rapidly with teachers eager to teach and be passionate about their subject.
· Strong and supportive leadership that expect teachers to be committed to the School.
· Strong behaviour management is preferred but not as necessary as most schools.
· The School is located north of Nottingham, it’s also not too far from Mansfield or Derby to travel to.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa)
· Must hold relevant teaching qualifications (Bachelor of Education / PGCE)
· Have previous experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Have recent classroom experience as teacher in the UK (essential)
· Commitment to support the ethos of this Catholic/Church of England school
· Be confident in using ICT in their professional role
· Have excellent communication skills.
· Possess valid references, DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with ABC Teachers also gives you access to:
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience.
· Consultant exclusivity
· Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to terms and conditions)
· Reward scheme for staff referrals
Interested in applying?
If you are interested in this position, please contact Lewis Bowens today on 0115 870 5106 or click the APPLY NOW button to submit your details.
Not found what you are looking for? Keep up to date with us on our Website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period supply teachers can be paid to scale.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.