The Humanities Department at the academy is both supportive of its staff and ensures that students make very good progress. There are a variety of different opportunities and responsibilities within the department to help with your continuing professional development. For the Class of 2017, 65% of Geography students achieved A*-C, with the department being a strong contributor to the Academy Progress 8 score.
We are looking for a person who:
- Is an outstanding, well qualified and enthusiastic Teacher of Geography and Humanities
- Has experience in teaching Geography and Humanities, across both Key Stages
- Demonstrates excellent subject knowledge
- Demonstrates a clear commitment to raising achievement
- Is passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people
- Is well organised, inspirational, ambitious and hard working as well as committed to high standards
- Is able to assist the Curriculum and Progress Leader in leading, managing and developing Geography / Humanities across the academy
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has the ability to meet deadlines
- Has flexibility, vision and commitment
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner
We can offer:
- A dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers and support staff
- 2 year Key Stage 3 curriculum and 3 year Key Stage 4 curriculum
- An excellent reputation in the local community
- A CPD programme for all staff
- Superb facilities and new resources
- Aspirational and hard working students
- Strong parental engagement
- Pastoral and extra curricular opportunities
- Department meeting time and CPD time during the academy day
- High standards and expectations
- Access to a laptop
- Access to documents from home via Google documents
This post would suit:
- An NQT as Humanities is a strong department with support available
- An experienced teacher wishing to join our team of fantastic staff
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references, including your suitability to work with students. Applications will only be considered from individual applicants on our standard application form, and not via CV alone or agencies.
For further information visit our website www.tsla.co.uk , alternatively please contact Darren Darcy, Curriculum and Progress Leader for Humanities on 01724 842447 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please download and complete the application form from our website and submit to Lorna Johnson, PA to the Senior Leadership Team, to email@example.com.
Closing Date : Wednesday 31 January 2018 at 9am. Interviews W/C 5th February 2018.