We would like to recruit a Teacher of Geography to teach all key stages. We require a versatile, capable and enthusiastic team player to join a successful department and show their commitment to the excellent range of field trips offered to students.
Applications are welcome from experienced teachers or NQTs. We offer an excellent NQT induction programme.
- Qualified to degree level in Geography or a related subject
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Evidence of relevant subject based CPD
- Evidence of at least good teaching, leading to high attainment and at least good progress at KS3, 4 and 5
- Experience of teaching Edexcel A Level Geography specification is desirable
- Commitment to enrichment and extra-curricular provision, in the development of students
- Experience of contributing to field trip planning and organisation
- Experience leading the review and implementation of new schemes of work is desirable
- Understanding of the use of assessment to inform planning and improve student performance
- Ability to set consistently high expectations for all students through class work, homework and enrichment
- Excellent communication and team-work skills
- Ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise effectively
- Enthusiasm, drive and love of learning
- Flexibility, adaptability and creativity
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
- Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding comprehensive school for girls with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith. The School is a mainstream Academy for 1,170 pupils.
- Successively rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and SIAMS, the School is one of the best performing non-selective state schools nationally.
- We are the Lead School in the St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance and have 21 SLEs on the teaching staff.
- There are around 100 members of teaching staff. 74% of teaching staff have been internally promoted since starting at the School.
- The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park, Baker Street and Bond Street Tube Stations).
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
We would like to recruit a teacher of Geography to join our growing and dynamic team. The department has a very strong academic record both at GCSE and A Level and also provides extra-curricular activities at all key stages. Field trips are a great asset to the teaching in the department, with at least one offered annually in each year group, three of these being residential. These include Barcelona at A Level, the Lake District at GCSE, and Italy as part of a Humanities Faculty wide trip, in Year 9. The team are also enthusiastic to develop cross-curricular links, which at present include links with other subjects in the Humanities Faculty, namely History, RS, and Philosophy, as well Economics and Business.
Students are given the opportunity to take part in a number of extra-curricular events which include: Fair Trade Fortnight, Geography Awareness Week, A Level to Key Stage 3 peer mentoring, extra-curricular Geography clubs, Higher Education preparation, Royal Geographical Society lecture trips, as well as numerous opportunities for discussion and debate.
The department is developing links with how Geography links to careers and this is something we hope to develop even further in the coming years. All members of the department are expected to contribute to the extra-curricular offering and provide revision and extension opportunities for their classes. There is a strong ethos of collaborative teaching and learning and providing opportunities for the students outside of classroom and curriculum is paramount.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form, available to download from the School’s website. Please return your completed application form via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: by 8:30am on Monday 30 March 2020
Please note that applicants will be called for interview when we receive applications from suitable candidates, so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
Start date: September 2020
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).