Part-time, 4 days per week | Temporary One Year Contract
We are an OFSTED outstanding school with a culture of high expectations based on our Swanlea Values. We are in the top 120 schools for progress at KS4 and have an ALPs score of 3, making us the best performing sixth form for progress in Tower Hamlets. The vast majority of our students progress onto top universities including Oxford and Cambridge. We have the best attendance and behaviour figures in the local authority. Despite our successes, we are not complacent and we believe that we have the capacity to further improve.
Swanlea students are proud of their school and we have extremely supportive parents/carers and governors. We are highly committed to the development of all colleagues as evident in our comprehensive CPD programme.
Swanlea School is located in one of the most deprived areas in the UK; 60% of our students are Pupil Premium. Our students may come from disadvantaged backgrounds but they do not lack ambition for their futures, and neither do we as reflected in our no excuses culture. Our highly motivated and hard-working staff are driven by the moral imperative that our young people are capable of achieving highly.
The Performing & Visual Arts Faculty is high achieving and ambitious to build on our current successes and achieving a P8 score of +1 at KS4. To achieve this vision, we are looking to recruit an excellent teacher of girls PE with the knowledge and skills to teach throughout KS3-4. As such, you must have a firm understanding of pedagogy and play a pivotal role with us on our journey to becoming exceptional.
As you would expect, we are looking for the best. A good honours degree and qualified teacher status are essential. You will be able to demonstrate unwavering commitment to raising student progress and standards. Like us, you believe that social disadvantage is no barrier to achievement and that every student can share in the joy of education. Most importantly, you will possess integrity, good humour and moral purpose.
In return, we can offer the following:
- A competitive salary with inner London weighting and pension scheme;
- A highly regarded middle and emergent leadership programme;
- A broad and wide ranging staff development programme, delivered by outstanding experts;
- A central location with excellent transport links;
- Outstanding facilities and resources to support teaching and learning;
- A friendly and diverse student and staff community;
- Discount scheme that offers savings on purchases, including groceries, eating out, entertainment, etc;
- Season ticket loan scheme;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Free eye tests and discounted eye-care scheme;
- Access to confidential emotional and practical advice support services.
We would welcome applications from both NQTs and more experienced members of staff.
To apply, please send your completed application form to email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday, 17th May 2021.
Lesson observation & interview date: w/c 17th May 2021.
Swanlea School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and references.
Whitechapel, East London
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Swanlea School is a large, vibrant and thriving secondary school in the centre of London. With approximately 1000 students on roll and a further 210 at KS5, staff at Swanlea work alongside outstanding colleagues to achieve outstanding student outcome...