TEACHER OF GIRLS PE (80%)
(With the possibility of a TLR2b to lead in Health & Social Care and Childcare for the right candidate)
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale £23,720 - £39,406 (Point M1 - U3)
Possibility of a TLR2b for the right candidate.
Start Date: 1st January 2020
We are looking to appoint an outstanding and inspirational Teacher of PE. The position will suit an experienced or newly qualified teacher. Do you believe that there are no limits to student achievement? If so, why not consider joining our school and make a real difference to our students.
With the possibility of a TLR2b for the right candidate with an additional responsibility as Subject Leader for Health & Social Care and Childcare.
Main duties for this role will include:
• Being accountable for student progress and development.
• Taking a lead in planning collaboratively with colleagues in order to promote effective practice.
• Ensuring the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students.
• Day to day management, control and operation of course provision, including effective deployment of staff, budget and physical resources.
• Keeping up to date with national developments in subject areas, teaching practice and methodology.
We're looking for you if you have:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Ability to teach "outstanding" lessons in PE across all disciplines
• A passion for teaching and making a real difference to young people
• Commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
If you are a dynamic, newly qualified teacher or a teacher with experience, who would like to work in a supportive and collaborative environment and you feel that you have the enthusiasm and commitment required to join our school, please apply.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
Why work for The Sigma Trust, St Helena School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com quoting reference 183. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 17th October 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.