At Parkwood E-ACT Academy, we know that the life chances of our students are determined by inspirational teachers like you.
How you can help to inspire our students
We need to appoint an exceptional PE Teacher to start at the academy in September 2018. You will play a key role in the delivery of Girls PE up to and including key stage 4. For a full description of the role see the job description and person specification. We encourage you to get in touch with any questions; better still come and see us for yourself.
Parkwood E-ACT Academy A forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Sheffield. We support and challenge our students to achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom.
Come join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with students whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- one that takes great pride in providing ‘a culture that places the individual child at its heart’ and a ‘school community that works together to secure improvement.’ We want every child and staff member to stand out from the crowd and feel proud and as part of our exciting journey towards achieving world-class status
- in a state of the art new building built in April 2012, we are privileged enough to work in an academy which offers both a modern and practical learning environment, along with locally unrivalled, inspiring surroundings for both staff and students alike.
- a “high energy” and rewarding place to work and our staff make daily positive impact upon our learners. We have a strong belief that if students enjoy learning and are equipped with the tools to succeed, then they will achieve at the highest level.
- Ofsted good rated in both 2014 and 2018, Parkwood students are noted as making strong progress from their starting points despite joining the academy typically below the national average for attainment. Furthermore, disadvantaged students and those who have special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities are making swift progress.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning programme in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme – we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee benefits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
A great place to live and work
The steel City is England’s third largest English district by population, but it is also one of the country’s greenest cities. Home to two E-ACT academies in Parkwood E-ACT Academy and the E-ACT Pathways Academy, Sheffield offers modern cityscape set against the stunning backdrop of the Peak District National Park.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 15,400 students and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 25 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our students the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational students, as well as a great salary and sector-leading work-life balance arrangements. Find out more at www.e-act.org.uk
How to apply
- The closing date for this post is 12noon Wednesday 18 July 2018
- Interviews are planned for Thursday 19th July 2018
- If you have any queries please contact Wendy Jackson on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities forms.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.