Teacher of Heating and Ventilation
Reference Number: SCC1718112
Salary: £23,396—£38,748 per annum. Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Midnight 17th June 2018
Interview Date: w/c 25th June 2018
Location: City Skills Centre, Salford College of Further Education
Contract Type: Permanent Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE
Salford College of Further Education are seeking to appoint an experienced Heating & Ventilation (Commercial) Teacher within our Centre of Excellence for Construction and BES. Within this post you will assess 16-18 learners and Adults on Service & Maintenance and Installation Apprentice NVQ Diplomas at Levels 2 and 3. We are looking for a dynamic and professional individual to join our outstanding Construction and BES Team. You must be committed to achieving excellence in teaching and learning, with a proven track record of results whether your experience comes from working in the heating and ventilation industry or in a teaching capacity within Further Education. Prior experience of teaching in an FE or Sixth Form College would be desirable but not essential to fulfil this role, however a willingness to work towards a teaching qualification is essential. The successful candidate will hold Heating and Ventilation Qualifications at Level 3 and preferably a Level 2 Welding or Level 3 Plumbing qualification.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website.
Reasons to Join Us
· Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.