Seeks for 1st September 2019
Swiss Private Foundation founded in 1924 with close ties to the UN, ECOLINT is the world's number one international school with 4500 students, eight Schools on three campuses across Geneva, 1500 employees representing more than 110 nationalities. The International School of Geneva is based on strong values of education for peace, innovation (birthplace of the International Baccalaureate, currently a reference in more than 3500 international schools in the world), aiming to shape students' lives and prepare them to be world citizens engaged with the political, ethical and environmental challenge of their times.
To complete our team at Secondary School, we are looking for
TEACHER OF HISTORY
We are looking for an experienced and well-qualified teacher of History to join the Humanities department and help students to understand the world around them, preparing them for their future. We seek an enthusiastic teacher, able to inspire students through a variety of creative teaching styles and someone with excellent classroom management and organisational skills.
To teach International Baccalaureate Diploma History at Higher and Standard Level and IGCSE level
· To deliver high quality history lessons
· To contribute to the teaching resources of the department
· To regularly assess the progress of students, record, and report those results to parent.
· To be willing to collaborate closely with colleagues
Professional experience required:
· have experience of teaching History to IB and IGCSE level
· teaching students age Y7-13
· excellent subject knowledge
· be passionate about history and inspire our students to be so as well;
· enthusiasm, creativity and drive to achieve the highest possible standards;
· a genuine interest in students and their well-being and progress;
· be an outstanding and inspirational teacher of students throughout the Secondary age range;
· be able to manage resources efficiently so that teaching and learning is effectively support
· ensure curriculum entitlement and progression is achieved for all students;
· high personal standards and high expectations of others;
· French or English mother tongue with a good knowledge of the other language;
· good communication skills with colleagues and parents.
Candidates are required to apply online by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Mr. David Woods, Campus and Secondary Principal, International School of Geneva, La Châtaigneraie by 2nd November 2018, mentioning the reference number 230 004
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva is committed to the protection and safety of its students