TEACHER OF HISTORY
CLOSING DATE: Monday 11th November 2019, 09.00am
START DATE: January 2020 – Temporary until Easter 2020 with possible extension to July 2020
INTERVIEWS: Friday 15th November 2019
HOURS OF WORK: Full time
• Can you inspire young people through your own fascination with History?
• Do you possess high emotional intelligence that builds lasting professional relationships?
• Are you a team player ready to tackle the educational challenges of the future?
If the answers to these questions is ‘yes’, then Gildredge House wants to hear from you.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the position of Teacher of History for our expanding 4-19 free school.
As Teacher of History you will inspire a love of History and learning about the past in our students, and ensure that they reach the highest academic standards, ideally up to A Level. History is taught as a discrete subject from Year 7 upwards. The Department also offers A Level Politics, and this may be available to a qualified candidate.
Our ‘Good’ Ofsted judgement (November 2018) is only part of the story. The challenge is to sustain and improve upon this through every aspect of Gildredge House as it grows to full capacity in 2019. The popularity of History in our growing school means that each year we need to add to our already strong team.
Opportunity to Teach A Level History
This is an exciting time to join our History Department, with opportunities for professional development in the company of excellent practitioners. We have attracted a strong cohort of A Level History students, which means that, if you have the ability to teach your subject(s) to A Level, you may find yourself engaged from the start with talented, hard-working and committed students with a desire to take their learning to the highest level.
For the right candidate, a fast-track leadership development opportunity exists. You will have the chance to develop your leadership skills in order to equip you with the experience and attributes required to apply for a leadership role within a few years.
Gildredge House is right for you if:
• You are interested in working at the leading edge of education;
• You are an imaginative and dynamic practitioner with a passion for teaching History;
• You have the capability of engaging and enthusing all students and you believe that everyone can succeed.
Gildredge House offers:
• continuity of education for boys and girls aged 4-19
• an expectation of high academic standards leading to Sixth Form studies
• strong discipline
• excellent pastoral care
• an extended school day for older students
• supervised independent study
• a range of extra-curricular activities
• parent and community involvement
Our school motto: 'Aspire'
Salary range: £24,373 rising to £40,490
Please complete the Application for Employment and References & Monitoring Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 11th November 2019, 09.00am
If you wish to discuss the post further or visit the school, please contact email@example.com Tel: 01323 400650. Tours of the school are available on Thursday 7th November at 14.00pm
Gildredge House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All offers of employment with the school are subject to pre-employment checks which will include References, Health, Right to Work in UK, and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS with Children’s Barred List check.