Anderson High School is a six year school, serving Lerwick and the surrounding areas, with our associated primary schools of Bells Brae, Hamnavoe, Nesting, Scalloway, Sound, Tingwall and Whiteness. In addition, pupils from the small islands of Fair Isle, Foula and Fetlar attend the school for up to six years. The school also serves all pupils in Shetland for S5 and S6, except for those attending Brae High School. There are extensive transport arrangements into Lerwick, and Halls of Residence accommodation for those pupils unable to travel each day.
In September 2018, 922 pupils were enrolled at Anderson High School. There were 66.77 full-time equivalent teachers and 12.4 Support for Learning teachers, based at Anderson High, supporting pupils from across Shetland.
A relocation package does apply to this post
We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,094 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
- FTE of Post: 1.0
- Sector/Subject Specialism: Secondary - Home Economics
- Qualification Requirement: Home Economics
- Class information, age range: S1-S6, age 12-18 years
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
Closing date: 17/02/2019
Anderson High School, North Loch Drive, Lerwick, Shetland