Aldar Academies are seeking an outstanding Teacher of IB History for Al Bateen Academy commencing Academic Term 2021-2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
Al Bateen Academy is located in the center of the city of Abu Dhabi and is a hugely popular school based in a vibrant community. The school is a high achieving British and IB World School (Years 7 to 13) easily exceeding IB Diploma global averages year on year and achieving outstanding I/GCSE results. The school recently expanded into primary years, starting with FS2 to Year 3, and this will develop each year to include a full primary provision, FS2 to Year 6. The Primary Years Programme (PYP) is an exciting addition and will eventually provide the community with an all through school from FS1 to Year 13 offering PYP, UK and IB Diploma options.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Academies and Al Bateen Academy and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Bachelor of Education in History with PGCE or other teaching qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a History and Global Politics Teacher.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in IB History is essential.
- IB Global Politics Experience preferable
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language.
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
What we offer
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing, and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be submitted.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 15 business days.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 24 and below 58 years of age
Al Bateen Academy
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to Al Bateen Academy
Al Bateen opened in September 2011 to provide high quality education from the ages of 4 to 18. The school follows the IB PYP for FS2 to Year 3, English National Curriculum, with an international dimension, in Years 7 to 9...