We are looking to appoint a dynamic and innovative teacher of ICT & Computer Science. This post would be suitable for an NQT or a more experienced colleague.
The successful candidate will be:
- able to enthuse, motivate and inspire students
- a talented teacher of Computer Science at GCSE and A-Level
- able to teach A-Level Computer Programming
- able to teach students to use a wide variety of software at all key stages
- an excellent classroom teacher with outstanding classroom management
- appropriately qualified, preferably with a Computing-related degree or good experience of teaching Computer Science to a high standard
- committed to continuous professional development
Prince Henry's Grammar School is a successful and vibrant fully comprehensive school with a specialism in languages and a national and international reputation for dynamic and inspirational work. The school is a founding member of the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance as well as the Yorkshire Leadership Community and is recognised by the local and wider community as offering educational provision of the highest quality. Our extremely positive Ofsted Report confirm us as a good school with outstanding student behaviour and outstanding leadership and management. Prince Henry’s has recently been designated a National Support School by the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
Our school is a successful and over-subscribed comprehensive school with over 1500 students – including 290 in the Sixth Form. We have served the market town of Otley and the surrounding area, approximately 12 miles from Leeds, for over 400 years.
The school has developed a number of services and benefits for staff including such things as free coffee/tea at break time, annual flu vaccinations, corporate gym membership, access to Cycle to Work, Computer and Childcare voucher schemes, staff takeaway meal service through Henry's Diner, long service awards and social events organised by the Staff Committee. There is also an opportunity for the children of staff to access the excellent education available at Prince Henry's.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and an Enhanced DBS check will be required for this post. We aim for diversity within our workforce.