Teacher of ICT / Computer Science
Required for September 2018
FURNESS ACADEMY, PARK DRIVE, BARROW IN FURNESS, CUMBRIA, LA13 9BB
SALARY: M1 (£22,917) – M6 (£33,824)
Furness Academy are looking for a talented and inspiring teacher who is committed to making ICT and Computer Science exciting subjects for all of our students. This post represents a superb career opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic professional who has excellent subject knowledge, a strong desire to engage students in learning and who would like experience working on educationally focused European projects. NQTs are welcome to apply.
Within Furness Academy the Computing department strives to be dynamic and innovative with lesson delivery, using a variety of technological resources to ensure that students are suitably challenged and working to meet their full potential.
Furness Academy are:
•A medium sized 11-16 mixed Academy with approximately 800 students, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow in Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park;
• An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future
• An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and a strong foundation of moral purpose;
• An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver outstanding teaching and learning.
• Raise levels of achievement for all students in the subject area.
• Secure high quality teaching and learning and leading by own example in the classroom.
• Take action to raise standards of achievement for all students.
• Take full accountability for all performance standards in the subject area.
• Make a sustained and well-informed contribution to the ICT provision at the Academy as well as whole Academy improvement strategies.
• Develop innovative ICT learning packages as part of our educationally focused European projects.
We will offer you:
• A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters.
• Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
• The opportunity to support development and drive up educational standards to ensure that our students aim for their personal best.
• A fully established CPD programme.
• The whole-hearted support of Furness Academy’s Leadership Team.
Furness Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure. This is a permanent post.
Closing date: 12 noon Thursday 1st March
Shortlisting: Friday 2nd March
Interviews: week commencing 12th March
For further information or enquiries regarding this post, please contact the HR Officer on 01229 484277 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively you may download an information package and application form from our website at www.furnessacademy.co.uk. Please note we only accept CV’s with a fully completed application form.