Imagine schools with a variety of educational pathways where the skills of achievement, such as literacy, critical thinking, numeracy, discipline and work ethic are taught alongside the skills of wellbeing, such as confidence, contentment, kindness, gratitude, health, and love. Welcome to Fortes Education, Dubai. We have been delivering high quality education provision to young people for over two decades.
Our Positive Education schools foster active engagement in learning and activities. We celebrate positive emotions and accomplishments, encourage students to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and to seek meaning and purpose in their own lives
We set high standards and expectations for each pupil in academics and in co-curricular participation. Our high-impact learning programme lays a strong foundation that develops each pupil’s multiple intelligences through a broad range of activities in and out of the classroom. Our commitment is to provide a premium world-class “positive” education, which empowers our pupils to become innovative thinkers, socially confident life-long learners, having growth mindsets and character strengths, to flourish in an ever -changing world.
We present an exciting opportunity to join our all through school, to play an important part in our journey to “outstanding”. Sunmarke School, Dubai is one of our flag-ship schools, located at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle. Sunmarke offers the National Curriculum for England, followed by GCSE / IGCSE at Key Stage 4, and the A ‘Level programme of study at 6th Form.
It is said that education is what you remember when you leave school and this is a result of inspirational teaching that create learning experiences that last a lifetime. Teaching at a Fortes School represents an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join an already successful group. It would suit an experienced teacher who is looking to continue a successful career pathway.
We are looking for certain qualities:
• Skilled in the best global educational practices
• Committed to developing and inspiring every pupil, to believe that they can and will succeed
• Able to teach through the “multiple intelligences”, to develop the whole-child
• Tech-savvy, fluent in using APPs and technology extend and enrich each pupil’s learning experience
• Outstanding role models who embody our core values.
• Excellent communicators who can ignite a passion for learning in our students
• Able to make a significant contribution to our extra-curricular activities, school productions and to wider school life.
• We are looking for teachers to join our growing Individual Needs Dept. As a qualified teacher you will be a fluent English speaker, familiar with the UK Curriculum, proficient in working with students from diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
• Strong background working with students who need individual support to access the mainstream curriculum fully. You will be comfortable working with children and students of all ages, and currently be a Primary Teacher. The role entails supporting class teachers, running group / individual intervention programs, liaising with parents and external agencies.
• This opportunity is for teaching Key Stages 1 & 2.
• Dynamic, enthusiastic and well-qualified holding as a minimum, a B.Ed. or a B.A & PGCE and QTS
Aspiring Middle Leaders are encouraged to apply indicating that they would be interested in potential middle leadership positions.
When applying please indicate your:
• Specialism in a Subject Area;
• Past MLT experience
Fortes Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Please note that should your application be successful an International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) will also be required.
• Excellent tax-free salary
• Furnished Accommodation
• Baggage Allowance
• Medical Insurance for self
• Annual Air-Ticket and paid vacations
• State-of-the art facilities and amenities in a newly built campus in a prime location in Dubai
• An enthusiastic learning community of students, teachers, parents and Board members, who are dedicated to maximise student achievement for each and every child, and to create positive learning opportunities in and out of the classroom
• Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues
• Excellent professional development
• Working in Dubai, one of the world’s most sought after work and travel destinations
If you have the passion, energy and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young people, then get in touch. In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation that can offer you a central role within our future growth plans.
Interviews will take place either face to face in the UK / Dubai or by video conferencing.
Application Closing Date 20th February, 2018