We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented and committed teacher of Information Technology to join the department from 1 September 2019 on a full time, permanent basis. We welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQTs.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be ‘Outstanding in all areas’ by Ofsted. Progress 8 results at GCSE place us in the top 10% of schools nationally on a rolling three year basis.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hard-working teacher who meets the criteria below:
- A well-qualified (with Qualified Teacher Status) and enthusiastic teacher of Information Technology.
- Ability to teach Information Technology to KS5.
- Ability to teach Computer Science desirable but not essential.
- Ability to motivate staff and students, with a proven track record of excellent results and impact within their current department.
- Excellent organisational and IT skills.
- Capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the subjects and the ability to share this with young people.
- Share good practice in order to contribute to The Weald’s continued drive to improve.
- Willingness to be a form tutor, including the delivery of PSHE.
- Demonstrate commitment to CPD and proactive in keeping up to date with current technology.
We offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by staff, parents and governors.
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in lessons and around the school.
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff who are committed to raising student achievement even further.
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application. We also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates. Please contact Yvonne Clements, Headteacher’s PA (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you would like to arrange a visit.
An application pack may be downloaded from our website www.theweald.org.uk Please note that an application form must be completed for this post and should be returned to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 10am, Tuesday 23 April 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.