We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, energetic and inspiring PE Teacher to join a strong PE Department.
You will teach Physical Education to highly motivated and talented pupils across Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3, delivering a wide range of sports and activities. You will also be expected to:
- Work with both the Director of Junior School PE and Senior School PE to coordinate, plan and deliver an exciting PE curriculum
- Run regular clubs and fixtures across Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
If you are a qualified teacher, with a proven track record, and a passion for PE we would be delighted to hear from you. We also welcome applications from NQTs and those looking to begin a career in teaching.
PE at South Hampstead High School
Our aim is to cultivate a positive attitude towards recreational and competitive sport, developing the skills and team spirit needed for a lifetime enjoyment of sport.
You will be joining a department that offers a wide variety of opportunities that further enrich the experiences of our girls, such as short and long haul sports tours, ski trips and World Challenge expeditions.
Facilities are excellent. On site we have a four badminton court Sports Hall with gymnastics equipment, as well as an outdoor netball court. Our main facilities are off-site at our Sports Ground on Lymington Road, a 10 minute walk away. Facilities include netball and tennis courts, a premier league cricket pitch, squash courts, a running track, a fitness suite and dance studio.
About the School
“When I first stepped through the doors here, I knew that it was a very special place to be – the wonderful atmosphere, dedicated staff and energetic girls, who are such a pleasure to teach.”
— South Hampstead Teacher
Working at South Hampstead is stimulating, challenging and fun. Pupils are intelligent and inquisitive, energetic and engaging. We offer competitive salaries, generous employee benefits and a warm, supportive environment. There is a strong emphasis on Continuous Professional Development and on supporting teachers to engage with leading education research.
The School is part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools. We offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
Applications should be addressed to Mrs Bingham, Headmistress, South Hampstead High School, 3 Maresfield Gardens, NW3 5SS or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 25th September 2019.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.