Impington Village College
Teacher of Mathematics
Required: September 2018
Salary: IVC Main Scale / IVC UPS
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a talented teacher to build on their experience and join a College which has inspiring leadership and excellent opportunities for all allowing both staff and students to reach their highest potential.
This is great time to be joining IVC. Following a very successful Ofsted inspection in Spring 2016, the College has achieved consistently excellent outcomes. With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress has been in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 39% of all grades at A/A* (or equivalent) and 83% of grades at A*-C. Nearly 15% of our students achieved the new ‘super’ Grade 9 in the reformed English and Maths GCSEs. Our outstanding sixth form also delivers excellent results and offers the International Baccalaureate and A Levels. You will also be joining the College in time for the launch of our transformed curriculum, innovative and unique in the state sector.
With your knowledge and passion for the subject you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful mastery curriculum embedded at IVC and deliver a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
In return IVC and the MET can offer you:
• competitive salaries including a recruitment and retention allowance for the right candidate
• reduced contact time for all teachers to facilitate professional learning/reduce workload
• the opportunity to teach all key stages including the International Baccalaureate in our Sixth Form
• the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
• access to the opportunities created by our newly established Morris Teaching School Alliance
• support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited professional development
• support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful well-being directory to improve well-being and work-life balance
• subsidised access to the MET’s sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
We offer excellent support for NQTs which includes:
• Paid employment from July to support you and give you time to prepare for the new term ahead
• A structured NQT programme which includes bespoke professional learning and an outstanding, subject-specialist mentor
• A reduced timetable to allow you to build on your pedagogy during your NQT year
• Access to trust-wide NQT events
The MET is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All postholders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: 10am Thursday 1 February
An application pack is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs. We welcome visits to the College and please contact Valerie Hastings email@example.com to arrange a visit. If you require any further information please contact Susan Kay, HR Manager, 01223 200429 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org New Road, Impington, Cambridge, CB24 9LX Tel: 01223 200400