Teacher of Mathematics
Chase Grammar School, part of Achieve Education, is seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Mathematics to teach throughout the Middle and Senior Schools, preparing students for GCSE and A Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics and inspiring them with a love of learning.
Chase Grammar School is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school, situated in Staffordshire, UK. We accept children between the ages of 2 and 18 and deliver the English National Curriculum, GCSE, Pre-A Level, A Level and International Foundation Diploma courses. Our school roll comprises 60% British and 40% International students (from 17 different countries). We are very proud of our excellent academic results (A Level: 25% A*; 50% A*-A; 75% A*-B) and the range of enrichment opportunities we offer. At Chase Grammar School we encourage the children to:
· Think for themselves & become excellent decision makers
· Discover a passion for lifelong learning
· Thrive on the many enriching opportunities available in a happy and caring environment
As important as academic success is our focus on helping the children develop key character qualities. These are reinforced inside and outside the classroom and regularly rewarded: creativity, problem solving, decision making, leadership, empathy, global citizenship, integrity & honesty, resilience and collaboration.
We want our Teacher of Mathematics to be someone who will:
· teach with energy, good humour, care and commitment
· stretch and challenge the most able students
· support the needs of all their students as individuals, setting and monitoring targets
· implement the School’s vision and aims with conviction and clarity
· embed a commitment to the highest standards and success throughout the School
· inspire academic excellence, hard work and a love of learning
· demonstrate intuitive communication skills and strong emotional intelligence
· demonstrate commitment as a Tutor
· organise and lead Enrichment activities, competitions and trips
How to Apply
To apply, candidates must complete the school’s Application form and Pre-Employment Medical form and send it, together with a letter of application addressed to the Principal, Dr Paul Silverwood, to email@example.com.
· The closing date for applications is Wednesday 11 April 2018
· Interviews will be held Thursday 19 April 2018
· Start Date is Monday 03 September 2018.
Chase Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and any offer of employment is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Check (DBS).