Dubai College is seeking to appoint a lively, enthusiastic and highly committed Teacher of Mathematics to this thriving and successful department. As a teacher at Dubai College you will be expected to monitor, assess and evaluate the learning which is taking place and then report the findings to students and parents and adapt your teaching accordingly. Finally you will also recognise that your role extends far beyond the classroom: you will be expected to be a form tutor to an assigned group of students, contribute to the school’s PSHE programme through Enrichment Days, tutor time and class assemblies, as well as lead at least one extra-curricular activity per week and participate in one whole-school event in an evening or on a weekend at least once per term.
All applicants must:
- have a good honours degree in Mathematics, with appropriate qualifications for teaching the subject to A2 Level
- have Qualified Teacher Status and a minimum of two-years teaching experience post qualification of teaching Mathematics in a British curriculum school
- be up to date with current changes in the curriculum and be prepared in the implementation of those changes
In addition the successful candidate will:
- be expected to teach Mathematics throughout Key Stages 3 to 5 and be able to stretch the most able and support all students
- be able to demonstrate excellent skills in classroom practice using a wide range of teaching and learning strategies
- be an enthusiastic, creative and innovative teacher with a genuine love of the subject, who can motivate and inspire students using a wide range of teaching strategies
- be fully aware of Assessment for Learning and include AFL as an integral part of classroom practice
- be able to work as a member of a team and to contribute to the further development of the department
- be committed to their own professional development, and in particular to the integration of digital skills as a tool for teaching and learning
A full job specification can be found in the Vacancy Pack attached. This is also available on our website www.dubaicollege.org together with an application form.
Dubai College operates its own teaching scales. The contract of employment provides for a generous basic salary (currently tax free), medical insurance and terminal gratuity. In addition, allowances are available for accommodation and relocation as well as an annual flight allowance.
Applicants should send a completed application form by email to Annie Kirkaldy, Headmaster’s Assistant on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dubai College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and operates child protection screening which includes contacting previous employers and Disclosure and Barring checks.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 4th February and interviews will be held from Wednesday 7th - Tuesday 13th February 2018.
A tradition of quality in education