King James Academy, Royston
Teacher of Maths (MPS or UPS)
Required ideally January 2020
Full and part time applications will be considered
This September, we opened our doors as King James Academy through school for students from year 5 to year 11. We are actively seeking to appoint an excellent teacher of Maths to join our friendly and supportive team. You will be absolutely committed to raising the attainment of students of all abilities across the age range.
Candidates should be:
● Enthusiastic and innovative, with a passion for all areas of Maths
● Able to teach to the highest standard at both KS3 and GCSE (currently Edexcel specification)
● An inspiring teacher who can enthuse others
● Able to use their excellent subject knowledge to raise standards both within their own classroom and contribute to departmental planning.
● Knowledge of the KS2 Maths curriculum is a desirable, but not essential, attribute.
As the school is in its infancy, the department is newly formed and a successful candidate would be joining a team where new ideas are welcomed, and where there is a real opportunity to secure the vision to shape the future of the Maths curriculum within the school.
How to apply:
Please apply using the TES online application process. If you are interested in this position, please also outline your strengths and particular areas of interest within your expression of interest. If you have any queries, please contact Tracey Sell at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 28th October 2019
Interviews: Thursday 31st October 2019