Leeds East Academy is the most improved school in Yorkshire and the 4th most improved school in the country, celebrating remarkable GCSE results with an outstanding Progress 8 improvement of +1.09.
Thriving under new leadership and housed within a state-of-the-art new school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area.
Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic world-class establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining one of the most productive, supportive and talented leadership teams in the country.
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds East Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared the goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
The new teaching roles on offer at Leeds East Academy are being put in place to support our drive to be an Outstanding employer by further reducing our class sizes (currently averaging 17) and giving our professionals more time to plan amazing lessons for our students.
Job Title: Teacher of Mathematics
Accountable to: Head of Maths
Purpose of job: To teach Mathematics to key stage 3 and 4 students achieving positive outcomes for all groups of students.
NB: All post-holders at The White Rose Academies Trust are responsible for improving the outcomes for learners and upholding the ethos of the Academies. The five principles of the Children’s Act: Every Child Matters guide the work of every adult working at or associated with Leeds East Academy.
Classroom Teachers - Expectations of all Academy staff:
• Ensure good and better progress for all students within groups taught through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standard
• Strive to deliver a consistently good standard of teaching
• Take responsibility within own teaching areas and in the execution of general duties for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students
• Consistently apply the academy behaviour policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students within the subject Team and Academy ARR schedule
• In consultation with the subject Team Leader, contribute to the planning, design and production of good quality teaching materials and resources, appropriate to age and ability, in accordance with the Department Development Plan
• Be a home-team coach for a specified group of students, establishing the rapport necessary to support their social, emotional and citizenship education and development
Leeds East Academy – Soaring to Success
Leeds East Academy is an 11-16 school, flourishing in a state of the art new building which provides a fantastic learning environment for students. We are a vibrant and expanding school which thrives at the heart of a diverse and dynamic community. We provide an exceptional education and life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds East Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students. The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
If you would like to apply for this role please click apply now.
Closing Date: Monday 5th February (3pm)
Shortlisting: Tuesday 6th February
Interviews: Wednesday 7th / Thursday 8th February
Job Start: September 2018