Runnymede College is a private non-denominational British school in Madrid offering a British education to boys and girls of all nationalities from the age of three to eighteen. The education offered follows the British National Curriculum.
Founded as a private school in September 1967, the primary school was inaugurated in 1987, and since 1990, the whole School has been situated in La Moraleja, a residential estate 13 km to the north of Madrid.
The school is looking to recruit an outstanding Maths Teacher to join their Senior School team for September 2018.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and innovative individual who has a passion for Mathematics and is committed to achieving the very best for pupils at all levels. The successful candidate will be able to engage and motivate pupils using effective methods of teaching and differentiation, and will embrace the use of interactive teaching methods and ICT. Recently qualified (NQT+1) teachers are also encouraged to apply, as we are able to offer you a close-knit, supportive environment that will help you to develop your teaching practice.
The ideal candidate will be able to plan and deliver lessons for students from Year 7 to 12 (AS Maths). We follow a CIMT scheme of work for KS3 (Year 7 to Year 8 ), the Cambridge IGCSE - taught over three years (Year 9 to Year 11) and linear two year Edexcel A Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics courses in the Sixth Form.
The successful applicant will have:
- a good honours degree from a British University
- a PGCE
- have recent experience as a teacher of Mathematics up to A-level in a school in the UK
- have excellent teamwork skills and be willing to collaborate on planning and resourcing
- have the ability to modify learning strategies to target the needs of individual students
- have high expectations of pupils’ effort and behaviour, and facilitate this with proven classroom management skills
- be organised and able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- be motivated and use initiative to contribute to success of the department
- be a native English speaker
- possess valid references, and have an up to date CRB/DBS check
- have a good working knowledge of ICT systems and the application of ICT in the classroom
Other preferable but not essential criteria:
- Previous experience of an international school
- Knowledge or experience of the Additional Mathematics IGCSE course
Applications should be accompanied by a CV, with a recent photograph if possible and names, (including telephone numbers) and email addresses of two referees. Email applications to email@example.com.
Final date for applications- Friday 23 February
Runnymede is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including check with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring service.