Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a full time KS3 and KS4 Maths Teacher to support students who have Autism and SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties) to join our successful supply teaching team, working within a SEND school in the Newcastle local authority.
You will be an excellent classroom practitioner and bring passion and enthusiasm to the role along with the ability to teach proactive and focused lessons at KS3 and KS4. The ability to teach up to A level or knowledge of the Core Maths syllabus is desirable. You will hold a teaching qualification, along with the desire and dedication to ensure high standards of pupil progression and attainment.
The position requires an immediate start, it will be on a long-term supply basis with the possibility of becoming a permanent, contracted role.
To be successful, the candidate must be able to/have the following:
- Be Secondary Teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Be a qualified and highly experienced secondary teacher of maths however, the school would accept outstanding NQTs
- Must have experience developing maths programmes, assessment material and oversee the implementation of these programs
- Must be available to work 5 days a week
- Must have a valid driving license and access to a vehicle
- Must have experience working with children within a SEND environment
- A calm and nurturing personality
- An understanding and empathetic attitude towards young people who have complex needs
- Experience working in a KS3 Environment
- Must be Team Teach Trained or willing to complete the relevant training. This will be provided by Vision
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, you will receive:
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated SEND consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education or contact the SEND team, at the Newcastle upon Tyne branch on 01912291386.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.