An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of a Teacher of Mathematics at The Oxford Academy. A Good school with Outstanding Leadership Management and Professional Development and where behaviour in and around the school is positive.
All levels of experience considered.
The successful candidate will be an innovative, inspiring Mathematics Teacher who will work within an energetic and friendly department and will enjoy working with highly motivated and intellectually curious students at all levels.
The maths department are a friendly, enthusiastic and collaborative team. We pride ourselves on promoting a love of mathematics and a can-do approach to a well-rounded math education. The Oxford Academy maths curriculum follows Maths Mastery at KS3 and KS4 with students sitting AQA GCSE Maths in year 11 and either Edexcel AS/A Level Maths, AQA Functional Skills or GCSE Maths resit in the 6th Form.
As a department we have high expectations of ourselves and our students. This is supported through a supportive behaviour strategy, a time effective and successful marking policy, timetabled subject specific CPD and career development opportunities.
Please contact Fiona Turner, AHT and Head of Maths for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong subject knowledge and passion for Mathematics;
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to promote high quality teaching & learning;
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching & learning;
• Have the ability to be a team player who is prepared to go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the challenges of these roles;
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision and direction of the department as we strive for further success together;
• Have the ability to play a full role in maintaining and enhancing the current high standards in the department, modelling positive learning behavior, having high expectations of the students in all aspects of their learning.
If you have any queries about the application process or would like further information or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Ann O’Reilly, HR Manager: email@example.com
Closing Date: midday Monday 23 September 2019, however applications will be considered on receipt. Previous applicants need not apply.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
The Oxford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant for any position will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS (disclosure and barring system) and appropriate Right to Work clearances.