Pudsey Grangefield School is the most improved school in Leeds City Council based on our 2018 GCSE results. As a result we now judge the school to be good in all aspects. Would you like to join our team and be a part of our rapidly improving school?
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our Mathematics department where you will be supported and developed to ensure that you deliver inspirational and innovative teaching on a daily basis. The team works collaboratively to share good practice and to improve teaching and learning across the department. Our well-established and successful Mathematics team consists of nine specialists, one part-time teacher and a member of staff assisting with intervention. The Department is committed to developing new ways of teaching and learning, which focus upon student needs.
The successful candidate will be joining a school which is rapidly improving and where leadership and management, behaviour and the Sixth Form were all judged as good by Ofsted in September 2016.
The leadership in the school was personally praised in a letter from Ofsted’s Chief Inspector, Amanda Spielman to the Principal in January 2017 which stated that they had ‘transformed all aspects of the school’.
We are looking for someone who:
· Is passionate about school improvement and developing students to achieve their very best
· Who has high standards of expectation for themselves and others and through this will support the fostering of a culture of excellence across the school
· Will be an excellent member of the department and will show dedication, drive and commitment to our goal of ensuring the highest standards in education for our students
Why work at Pudsey Grangefield School?
· Be a part of our rapidly improving school
· The opportunity to play a key part in the continuing transformation of the school
· The successful candidate will join a dynamic and enthusiastic team of staff who are ensuring our students are successful in every way
· We offer excellent CPD through our membership of the Red Kite Teaching Alliance and place staff development at the forefront of our organisation
· Be part of a supportive organisation which prides itself on high standards for staff and students
· Work in an award-winning state of art building
Appointments made are subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please send the following:
· A completed application form. Applications should be made electronically in Word or PDF format to Helen Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In support of your application you may include a covering letter. This should be in addition to the completed application form.
We would welcome applications from NQT candidates.
Interviews will take place over a 1 day process on Friday 18th January 2019.