We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated Teacher of Mathematics for IB MYP & DP students - 1.0FTE, to start 1 August 2020. The successful candidate will be able to inspire and motivate students, and to deliver high quality teaching for their students in Mathematics IB MYP and IB DP.
As a Maths teacher at ISH you will be required to: actively plan, develop and execute lessons that reflect the Maths curriculum at ISH; employ a variety of approaches and methodologies in teaching and instructing pupils, including an inquiry based approach and differentiation strategies in the classroom; establish and maintain standards of student behavior and approaches to learning; monitor, assess, support and report on student progress; collaborate with the maths team and other teaching staff; and effectively communicate with parents and remaining school community.
Please see Role and Responsibilities of a Teacher available as a download below (job description).
We are a forward thinking school and therefore we invest in potential future leaders as well as excellent teachers. We expect our teachers to be skilled in using digital tools for teaching (example: MacBook Air, Touch Screen boards and iPads). The chosen candidate will be a reflective practitioner and embrace opportunities for Continuous Professional Learning. An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, and details can be found on the ISH recruitment page.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An excellent team player both within the department and across the school, willing to work collaboratively and support the ongoing development of the Mathematics department and whole school
- Proactive and have an enthusiastic approach to teaching and wider professional practice
- Willing to be involved in extracurricular activities
- Flexible and have the desire to be a part of a dynamic school community
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably substantial experience teaching IB MYP and DP
- Good knowledge and understanding of using technology to improve students' understanding of mathematics such as: Graphical display calculators, Geogebra, Desmos, etc.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mathematics
- A Bachelor or Master’s level degree in Education or Postgraduate Diploma in Education, to teach all year groups in Secondary Education. Please know that in order to work for us, you must be a fully qualified teacher in accordance with the standards required by the Dutch Education Authorities (DUO). The teaching qualification must be for the subject that you will be teaching, in order to be recognized by DUO.
- Only candidates with full teaching certification and a valid teaching license in their home country will be considered for this role.
- For applicants from the UK, you will have completed the PGCE and been awarded QTS plus successful completion of the NQT induction year
- EU citizenship or have a valid permit to work in The Netherlands. Please note that we are not able to consider candidates who do not meet this requirement for this specific role.
This is a re-advertisement and previous applicants need not apply.
Please be advised that due to the current COVID-19 situation our Recruitment Process might not run as per procedure listed below. Delays, postponements and/or re-advertisements might occur without notification and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. Your understanding and patience is greatly appreciated.
All applicants must either be EU citizens or have a valid permit to work in The Netherlands. For any further information, please visit the Government website.
Applicants are required to complete an online profile, provide a supporting statement, and upload a CV. Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent supervisor. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview. For teachers, we require one from the head of school or deputy head. Once shortlisted, interviews will be conducted by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location.
Deadline for applications is Monday, 6 April 2020. Short listed candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible. Please note that the school reserves the right to interview suitable applicants early and make an appointment prior to the deadline. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the deadline, then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
The International School of the Hague is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
To this end, the leadership team is required to conduct an oral reference check by directly contacting the current or previous employer.
Furthermore, those who are appointed at The International School of The Hague are required to obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct (in Dutch: VOG). Your appointment with The Rijnlands Lyceum Foundation takes place on condition that you obtain a VOG. Needless to say, Rijnlands will reimburse all costs in relation thereto.
What we offer
Please see our brochure and FAQs regarding our Recruitment Package available under downloads below.
In line with local regulations, all appointments are for a fixed term of one year, with a view to extending to a permanent contract after successful appraisal. In addition, we offer excellent professional development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. As a successful applicant, you will be welcomed by an amicable, sociable and thoroughly international team.
If you are internationally-minded and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would love to hear from you.