Testbourne Community School, an 11-16 comprehensive school with an extremely able cohort, is an Outstanding School (Ofsted 2010) which provides a forward thinking, outward looking and vibrant learning environment. We pride ourselves on the strength of staff and student relationships and we have a strong community at the heart of our ethos.
Our shared philosophy is embodied by our strapline ‘Achievement | Excellence | Integrity.’ Under the leadership of our new Headteacher we are working together to continually raise expectations, improve our practice and increase standards of students’ achievement in order to secure our outstanding judgement for the future.
This post provides an exciting career opportunity for an ambitious candidate who would like to continue developing their career as part of our highly successful Maths department. The post would also be suited to an NQT, as we have comprehensive support and training systems in place.
The school places great emphasis on learning and achievement. Our Mathematics department has secured GCSE results which are well above national averages and, as such, the successful candidate will have a track record of excellent teaching and examination results or potential to develop these.
We are dedicated to offering the right candidate systematic professional development to enable them to achieve excellence. We provide a supportive environment with opportunities to develop as an education practitioner.
In summary, the successful candidate will:
• be an excellent teacher of Mathematics;
• have a passion for learning and teaching;
• have fantastic subject knowledge and, in particular, understand how to teach highly challenging lessons so that students can reach the top grades in the subject;
• have wide and deep knowledge and understanding of the new specifications in Mathematics and the implications these have for pedagogical practice;
• have extremely high expectations of themselves and others;
• be committed to ongoing professional development.
We can offer you:
• a highly professional and collaborative working environment focused on developing a love of learning;
• the resources and facilities to continue to improve students' progress and attainment;
• first rate personal career development to assist you in the fulfillment of your career aspirations.
Testbourne Community School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau checks, along with other relevant employment checks.