The Convent of Jesus and Mary is a warm and welcoming, successful Catholic 11-18 comprehensive school for girls located in north west London. We are a member of the Diocese of Westminster Academy Trust and work closely with our partner secondary and primary schools across London and neighbouring counties.
Mathematics is successfully taught throughout the school and is one of our most popular subject choices at A level. Our girls are highly aspirant and many move on to some of the country’s best universities both in the UK and in the USA. Medicine is always a popular route.
This post is suitable for an enthusiastic and talented NQT or equally for a more experienced teacher.
The Convent does not require its staff to be baptised or practising Catholics but does expect that non- Catholic staff respect our faith, prayer life and values and participate in our acts of worship.
Our staff at the Convent enjoy many benefits:
· A warm and friendly, caring and supportive environment where our ethnic diversity is celebrated and valued
· Very well behaved, polite and studious girls, ambitious for their achievement
· Excellent programme of professional development; many colleagues have developed their career within the school
· Thriving and varied programme of performances and productions
· A close and collegiate professional staff body and complimentary tea and coffee available at all times in the staffroom with special breaktime treats on Fridays
· Staff well-being committee and a leadership team committed to making staff workload and work- life balance a priority.
Details and an application form can be found on our school website: www.cjmlc.co.uk in the Vacancies section. Applications should be emailed to Mrs Julie Lewis, PA to the Headmistress JLewis@cjmlc.co.uk.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please email Julie Lewis or telephone the school on 020 8965 2986.