Teacher of Maths
DATES: Apply by noon on Thursday 15th March 2018
SALARY: Competitive with current salary for those currently in post
LOCATION: Nishkam High School – Birmingham
REPORTING TO: Faculty Leader of Maths
TO COMMENCE: September 2018
CONTRACT TYPE: Full-time
Nishkam High School
An outstanding multi-faith school providing a values-led education to children of all faiths and none. Join an outstanding school that provides a working environment focussed on nurturing spiritual and emotional wellbeing alongside academic excellence.
The school is significantly advanced in its assessment response to ‘life after levels’ and is part of a partnership working with neighbouring secondary schools to ensure community is at the heart of what we do and children in the area receive a first class education.
Our first set of GCSE resulted in outstanding outcomes for children:
* Progress 8 = +0.98 (top 1% of all schools nationally)
* Attainment 8 = 55.1 (top 7% of all schools nationally)
* GCSE Maths 9 - 5 = 54.3%
* GCSE Maths 9 - 4 = 81%
* GCSE Maths Progress = +0.56
At the core of Nishkam education is the triple pursuit of
* nurturing a strong values-led approach to life,
* academic excellence and
* creating a community that supports children throughout their lives.
Teaching Maths across key stages 3 and 4 initially with an opportunity to teach key stage 5 depending on experience. Liaising with members of the Maths department to plan lessons and schemes of learning as well as to assess and monitor pupil progress. Ensuring that appropriate interventions are implemented as required and contributing to the effective use of support programmes such as MyMaths.
You will be joining a vibrant faculty that is characterised by passion for their subject and the support of students and each other. Leadership in this curriculum area is expected from all and each member of the faculty has already played an integral part in making the department successful.
You will be:
- a graduate with QTS (desirable)
- able to inspire pupils to go beyond their expectations with a real passion for your subject
- a creative and inventive professional, committed to being a positive role model for children
- enthusiastic about contributing to the wider life of the school
- keen to play a key role in the interventions and support given to students who require help
We will offer you
- a professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff
- bright, enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn and are proud of their school community
- modern, well-resourced working environment with excellent ICT facilities
- a staff development programme designed to further develop our staff
- CPD opportunities on both a Monday after school and Friday before school
- opportunities for involvement in the wider pastoral and extra -curricular life of the school
Nishkam High School opened in September 2012. The video footage on YouTube showing the ‘Building of Nishkam High School’ is an essential starting point for any interested candidate. The ‘new’ DfE built school opened in April 2014 and a visit to our truly inspirational building is highly recommended. Please contact the school on: 0121 348 7660 and we will be happy to make arrangements for you to have a look around.
OFSTED visited one day after the new school building was opened. Read the details of their ‘Outstanding’ judgement in all areas at:
You will be working with a pioneering group, Nishkam School Trust, which is a flagship DfE Free School Trust, and the first multi-faith academy trust in the UK. At the core of Nishkam education is the triple pursuit of nurturing a strong values-led approach to life, academic excellence and creating a community that supports children throughout their lives.
- You need to complete an application form, which you can download from our website www.nishkamschool.org/recruitment or contact the school office on 0121 348 7660
- Applications to be sent to email@example.com by noon on Thursday 15th March 2018. Successful applicants will be contacted on Monday 19th March 2018.
- Interviews will be held during the week ending Friday 23rd March 2018.
This is a key role within the school but the successful candidate will also be expected to also work closely with the Trust Directors and contribute to driving the Standards agenda forward in all Nishkam schools. A flexible, innovative and energetic approach is, therefore, an essential requirement, as is a commitment to being a team player.
Nishkam School Trust (NST) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.